The City of Atlanta Department of City Planning guidelines for remote video inspection
This document outlines request and approval process.
Submit request to: Inspectionsfirstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Remote Video Inspections
1. Schedule your remote video inspection by emailing an inspection request to: Inspectionsemail@example.com
2. If available, attach a PDF (Sending a PDF plan in with your request could improve the inspection time, scale all plans to 11″ x 17″)
3. The City inspector assigned to you will contact you on scheduling your video call
4. After the inspection, results will be available here. Just type your permit number in the search bar.
Remote Video inspection is available for:
– Project under 625 sg. ft
– projects under 100 linear feet of permitted wall coverage space
– Water heaters
– Detached storage sheds
– Follow-up inspections 1000 sq. ft or less
New inspection types are always being added, check the City website for additional information.
– Minimum 4G wireless network
– Have FaceTime, Google Duo, or “Skype for Business” for the remote video inspection.
For more information, the original document can be found here.