The City of Atlanta Department of City Planning just released guidelines for 3rd-party inspections
This document outlines request and approval process.
Process for becoming an approved “Private Professional Provider”
1. Complete the “Third Party Inspection/Engineer Application”
2. Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include: Third-Party Inspections Request in the subject line.
3. Expect a response within 5 business days
***As a result of the Governor’s executive order on 3/20/2020, customers can send this information along with their completed inspection report.***
Submitting Inspection Reports
1. Complete the “Third Party Code Compliance Inspection Report”
2. Email the completed application to email@example.com and include: Third-Party Inspections Report in the subject line.
3. Expect a response within 2 business days.
This does not apply to the following
– Abulatory Health Care Centers
– Nursing Homes
– Penal Institutions
– Buildings or structures that impact national or state security
– Any building defined as a high-rise building (However, tenant interior build-outs may be inspected by private professional providers).
You can find the full document here. Both applications mentioned in this post are also attached in the document.