Cornerstone Contracting Group, Inc. provides superior quality construction management and general contracting services in the metro Atlanta area. Cornerstone Contracting specializes in commercial interior construction and remodeling, tenant construction, and industrial renovations.
The Superintendent manages the day to day field operations for all phases of construction including scheduling, preparing daily reports, conducting safety meetings, conducting safety inspections, interfacing with Owners, Architects, Building Officials, and Subcontractors and ensuring the timely completion and exceptional quality of various construction projects.
Requires technical knowledge of the commercial interior trades industry. Must be self motivated, goal oriented, and a problem solver.
Hands-on experience required. Preferences will be given to applicant with exposure to the industry.
- Maintain and manage project plans and schedules for commercial interior jobs
- Anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties; escalating when necessary
- Direct and oversee the work performed by sub-contractors and other external vendor resources
- Maintain accurate and current records of all projects in Viewpoint Team system
- Actively report project issues, delays, status updates and completion to General Superintendent and Project Manager
- Proactively participate (with current and accurate information) in weekly status meetings
- Mentor and inspire fellow co-workers by setting expectations, consistent communication, and one-on-one development
- Act with integrity and demonstrate support for Cornerstone’s values and employees
- Conduct quality control inspections on all field work in progress
Skills and Qualifications
- Takes ownership of work product and delivers within tight deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure, self-manage, and set an example for others
- Experience managing complex projects through to successful completion
- Track record of building respectful relationships with both internal and external team members, vendors, direct reports, leadership, etc.
- Passionate problem solver who is proactive, reliable, and resourceful
- Track record of fostering a collaborative team environment
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Excellent Communicator, both verbal and written
- Unrelenting attention to detail with an eye for accuracy and consistency
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong presentation skills
Benefits and Compensation:
- Salary range: $75,000-$100,000
- 401(k) matching
- 100% paid health insurance
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off